HOW TO CLEAR AN ABSENCE
Your absence note is due the day you return to school, before attending any classes. Notes can be faxed to (310) 972-6416
Upon arriving at school, bring your note to the Attendance Office. It is your responsibility to arrive early enough to come to Attendance and still be on time to class. We do not write tardy passes. Drop your note in one of the trays marked “Absence Notes” at the Attendance Office windows.
Your note must include the following:
1. Student’s full name
2. Full date of absence and periods missed
3. Reason for absence
4. Parent/Legal Guardian signature and relationship to student
IF YOU FORGET TO BRING YOUR NOTE…
1. Your absence will be marked “Truant”
2. You will then have two additional days to clear the truancy by bringing a note.
3. If we do not have a note by 3:00 p.m. on the third day of your return to school, the truancy will remain.
4. You may or may not receive a blue “Courtesy Notice” regarding your absence. YOUR NOTE IS DUE WHETHER YOU RECEIVE THIS REMINDER OR NOT!
HOW TO GET AN OFF-CAMPUS PASS
1. Bring a note signed by your parent or legal guardian stating the reason for the request and including a phone number where they can be reached. Tell your parents we do not accept phone calls or walk-ins.
2. Drop your note in the white Off-Campus Pass bin in the Attendance Office. Notes are due in the office BEFORE 8:30 a.m.
3. The school will call your parent to confirm the note.
4. Come back at snack, lunch, or in between classes to pick up your pass.
5. Passes must be brought to the Attendance Office upon your return to school. Write which periods you missed (full periods only) on the top of the pass and drop it in the “Absence Notes” tray.
IF YOU BECOME ILL AT SCHOOL…
1. Do not text your parents asking them to call the school. Get a pass from your teacher and come to the Health Office. The school will contact your parents and arrange for the Off-Campus Pass.
IF YOU HAVE A 6TH PERIOD SPORT…
1. A SPORT IS A CLASS! When you use the “sport” sticker on your I.D. to leave campus, you are expected to attend. If you are not going to attend, you must get an Off-Campus pass in the manner described above.
2. You must get an Off-Campus pass even if you have made prior arrangements with your coach.
3. Leaving campus and then not attending your sport will result in a “walk-off” truancy. This cannot be cleared after the fact, even with a parent note.